Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Day 3

Today was job fair day, a day to get all dressed up in a shirt and tie, and parade around doing the meet and greet. I wasn't overly impressed, it was at a great place, and packed with the usual headhunters, government agencies, and of course all of the MLM'ers out to try to convince you that if you join their upline you will make a fortune with only a small investment. One of the busiest booths, and kind of funny at the same time was an Avon booth. That in itself isn't all that funny, what made it funny was the booth was staged by a couple of potbellied men. Their hook? They called themselves the Avon guys, and they were just cashing in. Sometimes you just have to shake your head.

I spent a lot of time last night, as I was so gently reminded by my better half, looking, reading, and learning more about this whole blogging for cash idea. I realized then that there is a large learning curve ahead of me. So, today I have my sleeves rolled up yet again to dig myself a little deeper to see what kind of income I can uncover.

I looked at my blog because someone, who shall remain nameless pointed out a spelling mistake, you know the kind that doesn't get picked up by word? Anyways, I saw this google adsense ad on my site. It made me laugh out loud, and as I made the rounds to the rest of the family, they all chuckled. It was an adsense ad for the Rich Jerk. Now incase you have seen the ad it goes like this:

You are extremely ugly
So am I. But I am extremely
Rich. Don't be poor and Ugly.
www.richjerk.com

Now I almost broke into tears when I read this little ad of his. Since it is frowned upon to click a link from your own site, I just went into my browser and went to his website. What I saw was pure genius. The slap you in your face marketing style was pure magic. Spend a few minutes reading the material and his sales page and watch what he does so annoyingly easy. He cuts through all the crap, and does what we all want to do, make huge amounts of money. So without any hesitation, I signed up for his "free website" and gave away my email address, to see what other ideas I can "borrow"

Seems to me, that with the two examples above, being a little different, or changing your approach just might achieve the results that both you and I are looking for.

I stumbled upon a fantastic eBook the other day as well. I haven't had much time to look at it until last night. It's a freebee but it is packed with a ton of good useful information, with step by step guides, jam packed with screen shots so even my teenage sons could follow it. If you understand the concept of Adsense, then I am sure that you know about Adwords. If you don't, you should. It's a very effective way to generate traffic, and generate excess income. You can make tons of money fast simple and easy for anyone That is the file name, it's free to download and share it amongst your friends. I'm excited about this one. I'm going to try to get it up and running asap.

btw: my ranking at technorati: Rank: 1,129,468


1 comment:

merry said...

Thank you for your comment. I would like to reciprocal link on our blogs too. Please tell me your site html tag and your site informations. Thanks a lot!!

Your comment is placed on this link: http://markettips.wordpress.com/