Monday, November 27, 2006

Day 34

How important is your health and ethics when it comes to the workplace? Today I realized just how important it was. I have been burning the candle at both ends, trying to keep some income rolling into the household, while trying to work on this site. Today, I have decided that running myself down for a meagre paycheck, and working in a place that is unsanitary, especially for a restaurant is just too much for me to do. I have worked in many a restaurant, where cleanliness was far more a priority than excess sales. The whole time I was working there, all I could think to myself if the customers who got their food here only new what the conditions were behind the scenes, and how the food was kept and prepped, the restaurants sales would drop dramatically. I have worked in some harsh conditions, doing disaster restoration, fires, floods, and sewage backups. My stomach is not weak, but I have found myself on the verge of losing my stomach contents on several occasions. I don't want to name the restaurant, for fear of legal action, but I will say this. I will never eat food from there again, at any location in the US or Canada. I have never been happier and more content leaving a job, no matter how much the paycheck is needed, even at this time of year. I will be better off because of it, and so will my family.

No comments: